If you have been inspired by the movie “Fast & Furious”, don’t try any racing moves on Singapore highways or you will soon find yourself without a driving licence. There are a number of speed cameras along the highways, as well as traffic police driving 1,000cc motorbikes or Subaru WRXs ready to chase you down the road.
Also, ither sources report that speed traps are being used, in the following areas.
1. PIE towards airport near Toa Payoh exit, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge – 90km/h;
2. PIE towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera over at Adam Road flyover – 90km/h;
3. Braddell Road after Bishan Junction towards CTE, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge – 60/kmh;
4. Queensway towards Bukit Merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before Ridout McDonalds – 60km/h;
5. Spot along Upper Bukit Timah Rd towards Woodlands Rd, tripod mounted speed camera under tree after a curve turn – 60km/h.
FINE: $170 and 8 demerit points.